Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my feelings on loss of my friend: Jitender

17-07-2007.
Greetings! Dear friends I am writing here to share my deep feelings for the close friend I made from the streets who reached my heart, the friend named jitender who I unfortunately lost due to his prolonged i'll health... the pain I feeling in my heart for this valuable loss is something I am unable to define in words... I believe we cud have helped Jitender fight out and survive this avoidable death and somewhere deep within me I feel myself responsible for this failure that even after getting him admitted in T.B. hospital, somehow follow up could not be made and I specially wasn't able to follow up... due to my own accident after which I myself was on long bed rest... after me recovering from my wounds, when i was back on work after a long break/gap when I came to know about Jitender's then present condition I found him between the railway tracks instead of the hospital in a condition that his 17 year old boy was in a totally naked condition between two railway tracks and in that condition he resembled like a skeleton with only bones left in his body weighing around only 10 kgs... a condition which was hard to look at so I wonder how he was surviving it.
when I asked him how and why did he reach back to new delhi railway station?... Jitender replied to me, "bhaiya wahan log sab marr rhe the.. me bhi marr jata... isliye me wahan se bhag aya" ....... and I still believe if I were there I would have been able to stopped him from running away from the hospital...
I still believe that this untimely death of my friend Jitender could have been avoided by our a little more efforts and care. what I feel is the urgent need now is to maintain proper follow ups as a team effort and get more serious and careful so that such unfortunate incidents do not take place in future। we should try and get more efficient on our own responsibilities instead of playing blame game. Lastly, it is just that I shall miss my friend Jitender who will forever stay in my heart as a close friend that I had found...
May his soul rest in peace...
Warm Regards
Varun (luckey)

No comments:

बच्‍चे उन्‍हें बसंत बुनने में मदद देते हैं !